Welcome to the Ramsey County League of Local Governments!
To foster cooperation and collaboration among Ramsey County units of government to ensure ALL communities thrive.
Annual Dinner & Program
Thursday, December 7, 2023
5:00 – 8:00 PM
Cedarholm Community Building
Join your fellow RCLLG members as we convene, in-person, for our annual dinner and program. Our featured speaker will be Melinda Coleman, City Manager for the City of Maplewood.
5:00 – 5:45 PM | Social
5:45 – 6:15 PM | Dinner Served
6:15 – 6:45 PM | RCLLG Presentation
6:45 – 7:00 PM | Break/Social
7:00 – 7:45 PM | Presentation: Maplewood Strengths-Based Culture, Melinda Coleman
7:45 – 8:00 | Q&A & End
Melinda Coleman Presentation | Maplewood’s Strengths-Based Culture
Melinda is a dynamic, passionate speaker and Gallup Certified Strengths Coach who knows how a strengths-based culture creates positive results. Melinda took City of Maplewood employees on a journey in understanding how their individual strengths can reap amazing benefits and results. Just a few of these results include:
- Employees looking forward to coming to work
- Creation of a positive work environment
- Individuals treating residents and colleagues better
- Individuals telling their friends they work for a great organization and are more creative, productive and innovative
These results are possible because we focus on what we do best. Hear how you can use your Strengths to bring value to your organization and live a happier life!
- Melinda has more than 30 years of public administration experience including local and state government. She also worked for Target Corporation in Real Estate/ New Store Development for 4 years. Melinda and her husband Bill have one son who lives in Spokane.
- Melinda was appointed the City Manager of Maplewood in November of 2014. Prior to that, Melinda was the Assistant City Manager/Community Development Director in Maplewood from May, 1995 to May, 2006 and returned to the same position in August 2013. She has worked in Oklahoma for the Secretary of State and the cities of Moore and Oklahoma City. She also spent time in Minnesota working for the East Central Regional Development Commission in Mora and the Cities of Anoka and North Oaks.
Thank You, Sponsors!
Become an Associate or Individual Member!
By becoming a member you are supporting RCLLG’s mission to foster cooperation among Ramsey County units of government thereby increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of public service delivery.
Membership Benefits include:
Free attendance to monthly member programs and events (with the exception of the annual program and meeting which may have a charge to help offset expenses)
Receipt of monthly newsletters, announcements, and other information
Access to resources and information on the RCLLG website and the opportunity to participate in the collective action work that benefits and strengthens all communities in Ramsey County.
Inclusion of your organization in the 2022 RCLLG Directory – a handy resource guide with updated contact information for all member organizations, as well as the state and federal elected officials serving Ramsey County.
RCLLG Past Events
Check out our past newsletters & programs!
RCLLG August Social
On Thursday, August 10, we were thrilled to hold another great RCLLG social! Small groups imagined what an ideal “interconnected Ramsey County” means to them. Great work and creativity were involved! Thank you to those who attended.
Annual Dinner & Program
Thurday, December 15, 2022
Wakefield Park Community Building, Maplewood
Thank you to those who joined us! The evening began with time for socializing and hors d-oeuvres, followed by a buffet dinner. RCLLG President Scott Arcand, Vice President Marylee Abrams, Treasurer Teresa Miller, and Past President Jan Jenson conducted a presentation of RCLLG’s Year-In-Review and the 2023 strategic plan.
We were thrilled to feature Dr. Irina Fursman as our speaker for the evening. Irina is the Co-Founder and CEO of HueLife.
It was a beautiful, snowy evening full of food, conversation, and inspiration. Thank you to these sponsors for helping make the evening possible: HueLife, Karen Arcand’s Child Care, Kraus-Anderson, and Costco.
Dr. Irina Fursman Presentation
Collaborative Leadership: what does it take to lead in cross-sector collaborations.
Partnerships and collaborations are easy to start, but hard to manage and sustain. When leaders join forces for the greater good, they often focus on the benefits of collaboration or partnership. However, the benefits to the whole are not always aligned with the interests of its parts. To position cross-agency collaboration for success, an intentional process of system development must take place. In this presentation, Dr Fursman will share her observations, lessons learned, and best practices for building and sustaining loosely organized systems. She draws these lessons from her own research and applications in business as well as community organizing efforts in Ukraine.
Thank You, Sponsors!
Congratulations, 2023 Executive Committee!
School Board Member, White Bear Lake Area Schools
Mayor, City of Maplewood
City Council Member, City of Little Canada
City Council Member, Village of St. Anthony
ABOUT RCLLG & FUSION LEARNING PARTNERS
Fusion Learning Partners, a local nonprofit organization with a 40+ year history of providing services for government agencies and intra-governmental initiatives, provides the following administrative services for RCLLG:
- Strategic planning and organizational development consultation
- Fiscal management Meeting, program and event coordination
- Marketing and communications support
- Membership and event registration