This blog is a repost from the MNIT Office of Accessibility By: Jay Wyant
Preparing the State for a More Accessible Future
Last June, we published a blog post about a possible update to the State’s digital accessibility standard. The current standard includes Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
Over the last year, we:
- Researched the impact of the WCAG 2.1 success criteria on content creators.
- Explored the success criteria’s value for end-users.
- Held several statewide presentations and listening sessions.
- Surveyed state employees on what they’d need to be ready.
After presenting our findings, we received approval to update the standard.
- We will update the standard to include WCAG 2.1.
- The effective date will be March 1, 2024 and may be later.
Read the full article at https://mn.gov/mnit/media/blog/?id=38-577826