By Brian Jackson
Engage cross-functional leadership to seize opportunity while protecting the organization from volatility.
CIOs are facing these challenges in 2023:
- Trying to understand the implications of external trends.
- Determining what capabilities are most important to support the organization.
- Understanding how to help the organization pursue new opportunities.
- Preparing to mitigate new sources of organizational risk.
- While functional leaders may only see their next move, as head of the organization with a complete view of all the pieces, the CIO has full context awareness. It’s up to them to assess their gaps, consider the present scenario, and then make their next move.
- Each priority carries new opportunities for organizations that pursue them.
- There are also different risks to mitigate as each priority is explored.
Impact and Result
- Inform your IT strategy for the year ahead.
- Identify which capabilities you need to improve.
- Add initiatives that support your priorities to your roadmap.
Read the full article at https://www.infotech.com/research/ss/cio-priorities-2023